Sunday, January 4, 2015

Winter Storm Watch Issued For Tomorrow Night

Good Sunday evening.  I promised an evening update, and I apologize for getting it out so late.  I will make this post quick and to the point.  As I mentioned in the title, the National Weather Service has issued winter storm watches (counties in blue) for north central and northern Indiana where there is high confidence heavy snowfall tomorrow night.  The pink area you see up towards Iowa are winter storm warnings. 


I have been looking over the data and created a snowfall potential map.  Here are some quick headlines.....

-Snow pushes in from the west after 7 tomorrow evening.

-Snow will fall heavy at times with decent banding taking place tomorrow night along and especially north of I-70.  

-This will be a light, fluffy snow that can accumulate very quickly with high snow ratios and temperatures in the teens. 

-Snow quickly exits the state around 7am Tuesday. 

-The TRACK of this clipper is crucial as there is going to be a SHARP difference in totals on the southern edge of this system.
  
-The models have been shifting this system a little further south with the last few runs.  

-At this time I think north central Indiana will stand the BEST chance for up to 6" if not localized higher amounts.  I'm talking to you Lafayette and Kokomo.  


Here is my snowfall potential map. 2-4" along the I-70 corridor, 4-6" to the north, 1-2" south to Bloomington and Columbus.  Again, a slight jog southward will make a big difference in totals for south central Indiana...


I will have an update in the morning.  Take care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment