Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sunshine Returns Today - Tracking Snow Chances!

Good morning! Hope everyone is having a great start to their day! It is a typical December morning, with temps in the upper 20's. Skies should become mostly sunny today, and it will boost our temps in the upper 30's, making for a great looking day! 

Another quiet day Thursday, but I will be watching a system Thursday night through Friday that will produce a band of light snow across the area. This could be just enough to cause a slick commute Friday morning, as temps will be well below freezing. Here is my current thinking on amounts:


The models aren't too certain where the band where set-up. I will watch the trends today, and I will make tweaks on that map this afternoon. Certainly not a big system, but still could create headaches Friday morning north of I-70. Behind this system, a big, but brief shot of cold air will move in. Temps on Saturday morning will be in the teens!


BRRR!!!! The good news is that the 40's could return for highs next week!


I will have another full update this afternoon, so be sure to check back in! Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment