Monday, March 21, 2011

False start to spring?

Good evening! Before I get to the depressing part of the forecast, wasn't today's weather awesome? 77 degrees in Indy today, 82 in Louisville! This is average for mid-late May. Tomorrow we should see temperatures in the same territory with only spotty showers and storms expected. Any storm that pops up could be severe. More widespread storms are likely Wednesday. After that, well....... do I have to talk about it? It will be COLD with low-mid 40s for highs. Rain is likely for both days this weekend, with mid 40s for highs. A system will slide south of our area next Monday, so temperatures could be cold enough for a wintry mix here in central Indiana, with possibly accumulating snow in northern Indiana. That is a rediculous forecast for the last week of March! On a side note... a few days ago someone asked me where I get my weather infomation from. It comes mainly from a consensus of these 3 forecast models: GFS (general forecasting system), NAM (North America Mesoscale), and European models. I would never base my forecast from what media says because that would be basically copying, and there wouldn't be much need for this blog! Have a good night, I will have more info on next week's forecast tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment