Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mid-Evening Snow Update

Good evening! I'm sure you snow-lovers are a little happy right now! While we are talking very light snow, with a nearly snow-less winter, even a little snow makes the spotlight. Here is the latest:

Snow Latest: The forecast still looks on track from my earlier forecast. The snow will move in between 4-10 tomorrow morning, and will be a light steady snow for the morning commute. The INDOT crews are putting down brine tonight, and with temps near freezing, I would only expect slushy spots on the roads at best. Here is the latest:

It appears some areas in southern Indiana may see a period of moderate snow, and even the Indy metro should see a few hours of steady, light snow for the morning commute. Note, I circled the areas on the map depicting heavier bursts.


Snow Potential: I still like the idea of a coating to up to 1". It isn't important to look at the highest totals, but the range. Because there will be areas of moderate snow, it means if your area misses out on the heavier bursts, you will see a dusting/coating. If your area happens to get under a snow burst, up to 1" will fall in your area. I can tell you I think the best chance of picking up 1" of snow will be south of I-70, where better forcing and moisture is expected. Here is my latest snow potential map:



By the way, I did check the latest webcams out of St. Louis, and the snow has begun there. For the latest radar updates, check out my "radars" tab at the top of the page!

Thanks for checking the blog, have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment