Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Snow On The Way!

Good afternoon, everyone. While it is quiet for now, a storm system is gathering in the Plains, and will deliver light snow tonight. Here is the latest look at the radar, note the snow and rain to our west!

The system will move in after midnight, and will peak between 2am-9am. Here is the hot off the press NAM model for later tonight. It shows the snow moving in towards 3am, and I circled the areas where the model depicts moderate snow:


This is not a big storm by any means, but I'm sure snow-lovers won't mind seeing the flakes fly. Here is my snowfall map:
I expect around a half-inch to three-quarters of an inch in the Indy metro and southward, and less than 1/4" in northern Indiana. I do expect a band of heavier snow just to the southeast, as the system intensifies to our east. This means areas like Versailes, Madison, and south of Richmond could get a nice little snowfall of 1 to perhaps 2".

Again, not a big deal, but this could mean a slushy drive to work in the morning, so you may want to set your alarm a bit earlier in the morning. Timing will be key as well. I expect the brunt of this to hit during the morning rush. If your area gets under a heavier burst, totals *could* ramp up to an inch.

If anything changes, I will update.**Don't forget to follow my weather page on facebook, for rapid updates this evening** Just click the "Facebook Page" tab at the top.                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment