Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Snowy Morning!

Good morning! What a great start to the day for snow-lovers! Many areas had a solid 1-3", with a solid 2" of snowfall at my house. (I got up at 5:30 to shovel the driveway)! If you remember, I lowered the totals to 1" yesterday evening, thinking dry air would cut the totals, but this system certainly brought heavier bands than expected, so it exceeded my expectations. We had almost 1" of snow in one hour at my house last night, while I just sat in amazement! I have to admit, it has been a while since I saw snow come down that heavy. I got a couple snapshots of the snow at 5 this morning, take a look:





This was one of those snows that basically stuck to everything, making a winter wonderland this morning! I still wish this would of come during the weekend, so I could take advantage of it, but oh well!

The snow will be dripping away and melting through the afternoon, as our temps hit the upper 30's, with light drizzle possible.

I am out of time, so I will have another update later today. It looks like much warmer air is on the way, as early as tomorrow! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment